<< Home

error: Unsupported Media Type!

Use this forum for issues related to TriniTronic's Nice PayPal Downloads Extension.

Postby colinrory » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi,

So far I like Nice PayPal downloads!

However, I am attempting to upload a PDF file into the File Manager but I keep getting the following message:

Anything I am doing wrong or missing somewhere?

As far as I have read the system does allow PDF files so I am a bit baffled. Its probably an easy fix which I am just missing.

Your help will be appreciated!

Colin
colinrory
Tropos
Tropos

Re: error: Unsupported Media Type!

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi Colin,

First check the extension's settings Administrator>>Components>>Nice PayPal Downloads>>Settings. You should see a forbidden extension type input field. Make sure that PDF is not in this list.

Also, sometimes servers simply do not recognize certain media types. If this is the case, you can always FTP your files straight into the extensions file folder. FTP is better for large files as well.

Let me know how it goes.

~ All the best
Share the love, please post your positive review in the Joomla Extensions Directory, or the Wordpress Plugin Directory. It's greatly appreciated!
Michael
Cosmos
Cosmos

Postby colinrory » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I have checked the Forbidden Extensions - there is no PDF listed. The strange thing is, my service provider (host) tried uploading the same PDF file which I tried and he was successful. He is looking into it but perhaps you have another suggestion?
colinrory
Tropos
Tropos

Postby Michael » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi Colin,

Have you tried FTP using an FTP client, like filezilla?

I never use the administrative web uploader on my site, because I find FTP more convenient. If you upload the file to the extensions file directory, the extension will find the file automatically. On a default installation the file folder is at this location joomla_root_directory/administrator/components/com_nicepaypaldownloads/files

~ Best regards
Share the love, please post your positive review in the Joomla Extensions Directory, or the Wordpress Plugin Directory. It's greatly appreciated!
Michael
Cosmos
Cosmos

Postby colinrory » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks again for your reply,

I will take a look at it and let you know.
colinrory
Tropos
Tropos

Postby colinrory » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi,

Sorry, the answer was easier than expected. It wasn't a "Nice" issue it was something to do with my service provider who had to change some kind of a setting which then allowed me to upload the files I needed.

Thanks for all your advice! it is good to hang out with people who know!

Colin
colinrory
Tropos
Tropos

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi Colin,

That's great news. I am glad that you got this matter sorted out!

~ Merry Christmas
Michael
Cosmos
Cosmos

Return to Joomla: Nice PayPal Downloads