Joomla is one of the world’ s most popular open source CMS (content management system).
Developer: Open Source Matters, Inc.
Nice PayPal Downloads
The Nice PayPal Downloads extension is a robust download manager that allows you to distribute files for free or for paid download.
A lot of folks have been upgrading their sites lately. Their upgrading from older versions of Joomla to the latest and greatest Joomla 2.5. Normally, this process is a smooth one. Every once in a while there may be a hiccup and data may be lost during the upgrade. This article discusses how to restore the Nice PayPal Downloads extension's data, in such an event.
The Nice PayPal Downloads extension uses the same database schema for Joomla 1.5 - 2.5. As long as you have a backup of your site, then you should be alright. It is an easy matter to restore the specific database tables that Nice PayPal Downloads extension uses.
IMPORTANT: Before you proceed make a full back up of your web site files and database.
1. Install a fresh copy of the NPD. It sounds like you have already done this.
2. Open your SQL database back up file in a simple text editor.
3. In your SQL file find the segments pertaining to the following tables.
Please note that your site may use table prefixes depending on your site's configuration. Your table prefixes may have change during your upgrade. So, your old table names might be "jos_table_name", while your new ones might be "12Oge_table_name." Ff this is the case, you will need to change the table name references for each SQL segment.
4. Restore each Nice PayPal Downloads SQL table in your site's database. There are various methods for doing this depending on your experience. Perhaps the easiest method is to use phpMyAdmin.
5. Open your database in phpMyAdmin.
6. Click the SQL tab and paste your table segment(s) into the field labeled "Run SQL query/queries on database."
7. Click the "Go" button.
Your database info should be restored, once you have added all of the Nice Paypal Downloads SQL segments.